Thursday, February 12, 2009

A (small) Light at the End of that thar Tunnel

Received good (and not so good) news yesterday! My Six Sentences were chosen to be published in Rob McEvily's next collection aptly entitled 6SV2 (Six Sentences Vol. 2). It's supposed to be published in March. Then...on the heels of that affirmation, I got an email from the folks at The First Line (Blue Cubicle Press) saying they'd passed on the short story I'd submitted for their spring edition. This bummed me out because I felt the story was well-crafted and strong. My writing group loved it--always a good sign. But, like my husband pointed out, as of the past few months I'm batting 500, which is a good thing! This is what I'm going to focus on!!
So go check out Six Sentences and the hardworking folks at www.thefirstline.com. They've got a neat thing going with their first line series, and they were the first journal to publish one of my short stories, so you know they've got it going on! ;o)
Happy Valentine's Day!!

3 comments:

WendyCinNYC said...

Congrats on the 6S collection! hang in there with your other story--it's tough to find the right home for shorts.

Angie Ledbetter said...

Keep going, girl! Thanks for visiting. I'm putting you on my recommended blogs to visit post for tomorrow. :)

Amy said...

Thanks, ladies. And thank you, Angie. I'll return the favor and add you to my "blogs I love" list!