Monday, February 15, 2010

We Lost Some Good Ones This Past Week

Dick Francis, Alexander McQueen and now Doug Fieger, lead singer of The Knack. Boy, it makes me feel old when folks my age or of my generation pass on (I'm referring to Mr.'s McQueen and Fieger. Mr. Francis was a bit ahead of my time).

How many times did I spin my little 45 of this song when I was 12???? About a million! I loved "My Sharona" and it makes me happy every time I hear it.



RIP, Doug Fieger, and thanks for some fun music!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I read some Dick Francis, pretty good really.

Amy said...

I've heard that, so I plan to pick up one of his books soon. Any suggestions??

Anita said...

Sometimes I think dying sucks and other times I think it was the nest idea ever.

Kathryn Magendie said...

Shoot, twelve---I was an adult when this song came out....

I see a lot of icons from my parents era, and thus a part of my era, too, who are dying and when I see their stuff, I feel so nostalgic ....I'm not talking about 'untimely deaths' but as they grow old and pass...