Friday, January 29, 2010

Today I Feel....Grateful!!!

These characters are supposed to represent gratitude. I hope they do, because what do I know about Chinese characters? I always feel grateful for the "normal" things like my health, home, etc., but today I feel gratitude for the following, specific things:
1. My current short story. I've rewritten it 7 times now, but have worked out a lot of nonsense and feel happy to be so motivated and excited about a story.
2. My writer's group. Because they've helped me greatly with the above-mentioned story and at this past Monday night's meeting helped me brainstorm some juicy ideas/details that I believe will enhance and propel the story forward. Thanks Dan and Diane!
3. My parents visiting. They arrived yesterday after battling a horrible snowstorm in NJ. I'm grateful they're here and grateful for their safe journey.
4. My girls' fabulous report cards. I'm happy they love school and are doing well. Go girlies!!
and 5. For my wonderful/erudite/friends who have great taste in literature and who've recommended Juliet, Naked (Nick Hornby) Olive Kitteridge (Elizabeth Strout) and what I'm reading now, The Help (Kathryn Stockett). I've loved these books and have loved spending time with them. I bought The Help on Monday and am finishing it up tonight. What a page turner! Funny and poignant, I highly recommend this one.
If any of you have any other suggestions, I'd love to hear 'em!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hello Amy, congratulations. I could feel the excitement in your post. Something big is up:)

Kathryn Magendie said...

This post made me smile!

I'm reading a local WNC writer - Dot Jackson's "Refuge" -