Thursday, September 17, 2009

So Long, Summer

Fall is creeping into northeast Ohio. I love fall. It's my favorite season and one that flies by too quickly, I think. Before I know it we'll be hip deep in snow and scraping ice from our windshields. So...I thought I'd share our lovely flower border that we enjoyed all summer. These flowers lined the entire walkway across our house, and caused some people to almost have accidents, so mesmerized were they by the sea of pink and white. (People told me this--I didn't actually see any near fender-benders, or hear any screeching brakes).

Also, for anyone who's interested, my handy husband is hard at work on the other side of my office. He's framed in the fireplace and the guy came last week to run the gas line. Here's what it looks like so far. I'm eager for him to complete the work, but I'm a little concerned about how warm the room will be once I turn on the fireplace. I may have to open a window in the dead of winter--and remember, I live just outside of Cleveland!

As for writing, I'm busy sending out a short story that, thanks to my writer's group, is getting a second chance. Seems I didn't have enough faith and give it a real shot during the first round of submissions. It's going everywhere. I hope it finds a home!!
Also went to see Julie & Julia--with my husband, this time--and really enjoyed the movie. The first time I tried to see it I was too stressed out, worrying about what was coming around the bend to assault my daughters' eyes and ears. The movie is definitely light fare, but what cracked us up was when Julie receives 65 phone messages--all from agents and publishers--wanting to talk to her about her blog and possible book deal. I found it funny that my husband laughed so hard at that one. I turned to him and said, "Yeah...we're livin' that dream aren't we, honey?"

5 comments:

Janna Leadbetter said...

Oh, I SO know that dream! *grin*

Your home is lovely. Love both the outside, and that little peek indoors, too.

Amy said...

Thank you, Janna.

Anita said...

I love your fireplace! In another couple weeks, I'll be wishing I had one.

Good luck on the short story.

WendyCinNYC said...

Good luck with your short story! It's exciting to send something out.

Kathryn Magendie said...

I laughed at that - and I laughed at the comment about the advances and royalties!...in the beginning of the movie when she was speculating what she'd get (before all the phone calls!) I guffawed! *laugh*

good luck on the short story!!!